Sunday, March 30, 2008

OK, I'm Just A Little Bit Pissed At Adsense!

So I'm looking at my Blog Consultant Blog today and it suddenly dawned on me that I didn't see any ads on the blog - WTF!

I go look inside my adsense account and notice that there are two of my sites that have that "robots.txt" message on them! Now this has happened to me before - some time ago and I don't remember what I did or in fact if I did anything at all but I do remember that things went back to normal and my adsense ads were in place again. I also checked my email but I didn't see any email from adsense. I also checked my "spam" folder to see just in case any email from adsense was there - it was not.

So I go to do some searching online to find out what could possibly be the matter! Well there was a lot of information to go through! Come to find out that it seems that adsense has a new policy about not having the adsense ads look like the contents of one's site(s) and/or blog(s). So now I'm in a panic because I have quite a few sites and I'm wondering whether or not I will have to go through them all and change the look of them so that the adsense ads don't look the same as the contents.

I sent an email to adsense about a half an hour ago asking why there were no ads on my sites. But since this is a Sunday I don't expect to hear from them for a few days. But I got an almost immediate response from them saying that they got my email but because of the holiday? it might take longer for them to get back to me. What holiday?

In the meantime I checked one of my client's sites and their blog didn't have ads on them either! Again I repeat - WTF? So I go into a panic and change the layout and look of their sites.

In the meantime I'm looking at their blog and guess what happens? The adsense ads show up! WTF! So now I'm in a new panic because I already changed the look of their site! Now I'm going to have to go back and see how their site looks.

In the meantime I'm wondering whether or not I still have to change the look of the sites. Now that the ads are showing up again - does that mean that everything is alright?

As a side note I should also mention that I noticed on my adsense account that I stopped earning revenue for about a day and a half! And that is one of the reasons why I am just a little bit pissed at adsense right now!

No comments: